About Me

My photo
I make cakes, cookies and other baked treats for delivery in the Wimbledon-ish area, please contact me to discuss any orders. Whether you are having a party, a family get-together or just need some cake, I can help!

Wednesday 30 March 2011

My First Order

A few days ago I received my first official order from a friend. He needed 24 pretty cupcakes, so I made some red velvet cupcakes with traditional cream cheese frosting. And a whole bottle and a half of red colouring... I read that originally the red colour came from the reaction between the un-processed cocoa powder and the leavening agent (usually bicarbonate of soda), making a deep red colour when baked.
 I used the Hummingbird Bakery recipe - very moist. 


I love using some blitzed-up cake to decorate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment