300g caster sugar
2 egg whites (at room temp.)
1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put 6 tablespoons of water and ingredients (except for the vanilla) in a heat-proof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure it doesn't sit in the water.
- Beat with an electric whisk on high speed for 7 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Remove bowl from the heat and add vanilla. Whisk on high for another 2 minutes until stiff glossy peaks are formed.
Another great BBQ idea from my friend:
- Cut a banana length-ways and open up like a little paper boat (leaving the skin on).
- Push squares of milk chocolate into the banana.
- Top with some marshmallow fluff and wrap in tin foil.
- Put on the BBQ after you've cooked everything else and leave for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and the banana looks squishy. Scoop out with a spoon.